Monday, April 16, 2007

Pulitzer Prize for Jonathan Gold!

The 2007 Pulitzer Prize winners have been announced, and it gives me great joy to see that L.A. Weekly restaurant critic Jonathan Gold has become the first food writer ever to be awarded a Pulitzer Prize for Criticism. Mr. Gold's work -- including the "Counter Intelligence" column at the Weekly and his book Counter Intelligence: Where To Eat in the Real Los Angeles -- is certainly my favorite writing about food, and some of my favorite writing in general. The man can describe garlic in a way that actually leaves your pores reeking. In fact, you could call me, in my Food Crazy guise, a Jonathan Gold wannabe.

Congratulations to the granddaddy of L.A. food writers.

You can check out the announcement from L.A. Weekly, and some of Mr. Gold's recent articles, here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:31 PM

    This is positively brilliant.

    Thanks, Jess!

    And now that I can recognize the elusive Mr. Gold by these rare photos, if I should ever run into him in Koreatown, Chinatown, East L.A. or any of the other neighborhoods from whose restaurants he earns his bread (ha ha ha) I shall say to the waiter, "I'll have what HE's having."

    And place my hands together in prayer pose.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete